I went early-ish; Purple also went early-ish; we failed to locate each other until much later. I sat down next to Mr. Sub-tle and chatted a bit while sewing square white buttons on a black shawl. The major challenge is to sew them on in a way that has them retain their orientation. I learned many things about the shenanigans which go into arranging certain events.
At length lb appeared, and then the Other Guy. They had a rousing discussion of events. Eventually things got louder, and lb and I headed over to a quieter side bench, which had the disadvantage of extra reverb. Purple came out to join us after a while, and there was lengthy and hilarious discussion, some of which was more appropriate than others. I got an appreciable amount done on embellishing the shawl. The buttons were sent in a large bulk bag. The manufacturing process involved chips of plastic lodging themselves in the thread tunnels of the buttons, so I had to ream them out. Meanwhile, Purple and lb and Dean Pelton (and Purple points out that our version is *much more* butch than Community's) all thought they looked like chiclets. "Manlets!" Purple declared. Whereupon I said that I was reaming the manlet. Hilarity, etc.
Dinner or something was briefly under debate, but declined on the grounds that Saturday was going to be sort of epic. Purple and I wrapped up, then walked out together. We nearly lost balance when hugging, but recovered. I was reminded of the gif floating around tumblr of the people dancing off a balcony, then demonstrated Tay's tango-punch. Purple had thought of a slightly different way to do that, which delighted me. And then we headed off, intending to have quiet and early nights. I did better at that than he did, as he proved to be coding up a storm on some personal projects, late into the night...
lb invited one of his other work friends back to #adventuresofstnono. Whee!
The event: an open house at the NASA Ames Research Center, attended by like fucking half the goddamn sf bay area.
Despite the woeful elements of my day, I'm feeling really pretty damn good about the whole thing, which is great -- the same series of events could have resulted in a really kind of terrible day. Happily, they did not.
( long day is long )
- Fri, 13:01: Current plan: meeting at mtv 1:45. Woo!
- Fri, 19:21: Nice chat with lb and Purple. Got appreciable costume progress as well.
- Fri, 22:59: RT @muppetK: @azurelunatic the jacket is ok, but the chicken made me think of you RT @_youhadonejob I'd have gone with Richard. http://t.c…
- Sat, 01:03: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/17/2014: 4,497 steps and 1.9 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Sat, 05:44: RT @chrisgrant: Here's something I'd like you to read. RT @Polygon On GamerGate: A letter from the editor http://t.co/ZoIsw3uBim
- Sat, 07:09: If your data type quacks, it can be hard to hear the echo. Welcome to the Night Vale Community College Computer Science program.
- Thu, 13:47: Didn't make it to team potluck. Cried on Purple's shoulder a bit. Hate my sleep schedule so much.
- Thu, 13:48: (Feeling better after food & helpful shoulder-bumps.)
- Thu, 14:46: COCONUT BACON MY MANAGER JUST GAVE ME COCONUT BACON
- Thu, 15:15: RT @_youhadonejob: Sorry Paris town planners but I'm not seeing a Christmas tree. http://t.co/wDeMBFsEc1
- Thu, 15:57: #cupcake #bacon #coconutbacon #wtf http://t.co/zBS1OmAQQn
- Fri, 00:02: Photoset: manigotacrappyau: johnwatsonismyspiritanimal: sarah-the-artiste: amuseoffyre: saathi1013:... http://t.co/fimNZSDfdd
- Fri, 00:05: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/16/2014: 4,803 steps and 2.1 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
Most, because you were just away for maybe thirty goddamn minutes and now nothing is the way you left it, and maybe how it had been contained the seeds of whatever catastrophic upheaval occurred while you were out, but it had seemed basically okay when you wandered off. And the process involved in getting from there to here could only have involved some forms of catastrophic upheaval.
Least, because everything is different but it is not on fire -- there may be a little smoke damage in odd corners but everything has been repainted, moved, and redecorated. This clearly took some time and effort. It doesn't seem to be in the middle of any crisis. (Now.) How did all that happen? You were only gone for thirty goddamn minutes!
I tried to get to sleep. I did not get there as soon as planned.
I woke up groggy. It took an hour to get out the door.
I had to get gas before work. The line was long. (Costco.)
I needed the thing for the potluck. That line: also long. (Costco again.)
By the time I actually arrived at work, the table in the appointed place was empty as I drove past in search of a parking place, and I saw the straggling end of the parade of teammates heading back.
On the way in the door, I dropped my veggie tray on the team table, because at least I had that, and people could snag things from it all afternoon if they wanted. I checked the timestamps of the lunch ping on the computer, and realized that Purple wouldn't have been there that long. So I reset the status on my cube to "Undefined" (because "Lunch" was more than I could handle declaring just then) and walked in to the cafeteria, located the table, saw with some relief that Purple was at the end of a bench with an adjacent seat free, and sat down next to him.
"Hey, I thought we wouldn't see you today!"
I kept my voice as dead-level as I knew how. "That's what I thought too."
"Slept through the team potluck?"
"Well, good thing you're in a place where they've still got some food!"
"Yeah, I'll get some in a bit."
I sat there very quietly as Purple and Lennon Glasses Guy talked about the basic steps of troubleshooting some obscure thing involving network problems until I no longer felt like any sudden shock would be the final straw causing me to utterly lose control of the oncoming tearstorm. Then I got a burrito ("How are you today young lady?" "How about a burrito.") with, by some miracle, no bell pepper in the rice, and came back and ate my burrito and listened with interest and appreciation to Purple holding forth on what to do in the face of customers claiming impossible things about their networks (things which the logs don't bear out).
I am so deeply, incredibly tired of being, well, so deeply, incredibly tired. I know a few of the factors why I've been having worse sleep lately, but the plain fact of it is, I am not office-hours diurnal ( and that chafes. )
Purple waited until the rest of the table cleared out before saying a few quiet things to me, with a reassuring shoulder-bump. By that time, my voice had stopped threatening to wobble, but my eyes were re-lubricating faster than they could drain. When they spilled over, I shut them for a few seconds. The green wall at the end of the cafeteria -- the green stretched up above the partial drop ceiling, I noticed. Purple patted me on the back and said something funny as a distraction. (His style is somewhat like Darkside's, but distinct.)
We went our separate ways. My manager had one cupcake left. She dropped it on my desk, with some coconut bacon sprinkles on the side.
COCONUT BACON, PEOPLE.
This is basically the uncanny valley of bacon. It is coconut shreds which have been toasted, smoked, and spiced like bacon. It is not quite as unearthly salty, which is an uncanny valley point. It has that crispy/greasy crunch like bacon. It also has cell walls, which don't break apart in the same way that the muscle/fat matrix of pork bacon does, but it's so close.
The pocket projector arrived! It was about the same footprint as my phone, and only about half again as thick. My manager was impressed. The Polka-Dot Researcher was impressed.
My Overlady gave the vague impression that perhaps I had not missed all that much at the potluck, and since I'd got a cupcake, I'd be just fine. Also she had swag which could be used for the good of the team. So an eBay-branded multicharger was fitted with a label which conveniently covered up the eBay branding, and left where team members can snag it if they're having a bad battery day.
I noticed that Designer Sparkles was grabbing veggies every time she walked past the team table. Perhaps I can start bringing in less industrial-sized bits of vegetables to leave on the team table -- I'll probably eat them more reliably than if they just sit in my fridge, and this way they'll get finished before they go off. I mentioned the phenomenon to Purple (that the veggie tray was getting the same amount of attention that cookies do) and he was about to say something about pod people when he thought about it and realized that yeah, he might do the same thing -- and more so in the case of chocolate chip, as proper caramelization is key.
Purple was ready to go just a little later than I was. We put the remains of the veggie tray in the refrigerator. He grabbed the bowl of former ice. I carried the tray -- on my head as per usual, a little off-center due to the floppiness. "I'm going to laugh at you if that spills all over," Purple warned. There were no incidents.
Yesterday's lunch discussion of delicious desserts recalled itself to me -- I'd brought one of the chocolates to Purple, who responded by giving me a dessert recommendation; my response included my delight that Purple was not likely to recommend me stuff which involved walnuts (as we have the same mouth-blistering adverse reaction). His exception was baklava -- he will, every rare now and then, endure the pain for the sake of deliciousness. (With vanilla ice cream, which softens the effects.) I don't make exceptions for that, but I will put up with it for the sake of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk, which has trace enough amounts to be very minor.
It is fall, and Purple is starting to feel chilly in the parking lot in just a t-shirt (and jeans, but the proposed modification is a button-down worn as a jacket).
Weekend plans: there is an open house at Moffet Field. My crew will be there late-ish. Purple mentioned that he'd been reading the fine print, and he was amused by some bits which were being alluded to without being specifically spelled out: it is a federal facility, so federal laws apply, the thing said. Subtext: THIS MEANS YOU, YOU WEED-SMOKING CALIFORNIANS. And from thence the discussion about a semi-recent news piece about how the computer security bits of the federal government have a hard time tracking down computer security experts who are willing to work For The Man who also haven't been potheads in the near-recent past... not to say present. Heh.
- Wed, 13:34: Purple is attempting to secure a concert wristband for me. :)
- Thu, 01:01: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/15/2014: 6,139 steps and 2.6 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Thu, 06:29: RT @urbanfriendden: Society: Be yourself! Society: That's too many tentacles
- Thu, 10:30: RT @dreamwidth: To claim a purged username, you must rename an existing account. Details: http://t.co/3pq3PONAwF
- Thu, 10:33: @Starbucks I like how my regular place knows me by the name I actually use, not the name on my ID.
My manager and Rocky were at my cube at the same time. My manager was claiming some of the abominable pumpkin spice candy corn. Rocky said he might try one -- well, two. Because you can't just have one. He held them up to his mouth to demonstrate the vampire fangs.
I mentioned that there is, among my vacation photos from last year, a whole bunch of members of my family being carrot-walruses, with some of Mama's garden carrots. And furthermore, parts of the internet claim that walruses are vampire mermaids.
I feel that this goes best with the sea lion mermaid illustration. I should hunt these things down and put them together at some point.
I have upended the accumulation of various fabric items near the cable box. So that's where my gloves got off to! Have sent other fabric items back to the wash due to dust and such. Have hung up others. I am due another round of nightengown construction.
Once upon a time, my family had a rooster named Gong Ji and a hen named Ida Red. They were the lead birds of the flock, so it was natural that we would occasionally see Gonkers hopping on top of Ida Red. It so happened that there was an opportunity to hatch some chicks, so we stuffed some possibly-fertile eggs in the incubator. (This may or may not have been in a classroom; this wasn't the clutch that we got Clam-clam from.) And one of the chicks out of this clutch was a lovely little black chick with red trim here and there, clearly the son of Gong Ji and Ida Red. His name was Nightingale. (After the "Daisy" incident, where my sister's dear fluffy wee allegedly girl chick grew up to be a very large, gentle, gallant rooster with an incredible tail, we went for bird and flower names with no particular gendered association while the chick was too small to start presenting adult traits.) We were not the best spellers at that time. As many of our chickens did, Nightingale took on some nicknames. For reasons which made sense at the time (he was black and orange and ran fast!) he was dubbed "Steaming Football". (I can explain that one, actually. One of the boys in my grade, either Kerry or Nick, had a black and orange nerf football with twirl grooves in it. There was a certain resemblance when the young rooster ran.) Another, just for the sake of silliness and because he was so very soft and fluffy, was Nightengown. And ever after that, the garment is occasionally called the nightengown...
00:05 Thursday, 16 October, 2014
Woke up earlier than planned. Got coffee. This lipstick is really working out, due to the number of compliments I get.
Brought chocolate with me to lunch for Purple.
First thing in the morning after he got in (I got in first today) Purple pinged me to apologize for not having realized earlier, but yesterday after he'd picked up his pass for the concert portion of the Halloween shenanigans, he'd read the fine print and realized that contractors would have to come as one of the +2 of an employee, and he hadn't thought to pick up a guest pass for me while he was picking up his. And had I already made an arrangement with someone on my team, or should he try to get one for me? After having learned what the situation was with passes and such, I'd been wavering on whether I actually wanted to go or not; I'd decided that I wasn't going to get my feathers in a muss over it. But, you know, under the circumstances...
So I asked him if he could give it a go. After lunch we walked together to the divergence point between my building and the security building, then he came back via my desk, with a neatly packaged little yellow rubber bracelet, hair fluffed wide in triumph. *fistbump* Somewhat later, I learned that Mr. Zune had a spare, which I claimed in honor of ryan. Yay Teshipants! Yay, introducing Teshipants to further members of #cupcake! (Teshipants already knows jld, one of the original members.)
There were little helpdesk-related things, and rather a lot of transcription. Eventually I fetched dinner. However, at the point when dinner might have been nice, Purple and a colleague were busy stopping terrible woe with some internal tools. By the time that was all over, Purple was not so much prepared to sit down for polite dinner with a co-worker, and more ready to grab some takeout and become one with his couch. (Which I was entirely prepared for; my approach at 6pm was a fairly assumptive "Hey, got food, ping me when you're hungry"; once the repairs had stretched until 8:30, it was more like "how much work you got left? and if you're up for dinner the bag's still in the fridge.") Nonetheless, we did remain chatting in the parking lot for some time...
While Nora's re-adjusting to the physical demands of a job with a substantial commute again, our schedules are a bit mismatched. I called her for a few minutes on my way back from fetching dinner. We discussed, among other things, what a fucking crime it is that a university is apparently legally unable to exclude weapons from an audience of an event which has received terrorist threats (from someone going by the name of the shooter from the École Polytechnique massacre; this particular terrorist is making his feelings about women very, very clear).
Non-Boring Manager examined my candy dish and found the pumpkin spice candy corn. "These look like a witch's toenails!" he said.
"My toenails don't look like that," I pointed out.
"I didn't say a Wiccan's toenails!"
"I'm not a Wiccan. They're too peaceful. ^_^"
Discussions with Purple sometimes head south pretty fast. This time, a simple discussion of "Please don't bang on my couch/floor" circumstances resulted in the idea of a Clippy popping up to tell your friends(?) to please not do that thing. This resulted in the mental image of Clippy popping up in places where no animate paperclip ought to be, which resulted in turn with a conversation about how exactly to phrase the parallel of "Touched by his Noodly Appendage" when it comes to animate paperclips appearing on/beside/under you when you're banging on your friend's floor.
Beardwatch: the beard has started to watch back.
Tomorrow is the team potluck. I have a checklist.
( checklist )
- Wed, 01:01: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/14/2014: 6,070 steps and 2.6 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Wed, 01:51: RT @gerrycanavan: freedom’s just another word for there might be a gunman in the audience, we’re not allowed to check
- Wed, 02:02: RT @whump: Forgive my friend here, he did too much LDS. @burritojustice: “will burritos of the future come wrapped in transparent aluminum …
- Wed, 02:40: RT @TheSquink: 1999: gamers demand we stop blaming school shootings on videogames. 2014: gamers threaten a school shooting because videogam…
- Wed, 02:56: Brainphrasings, bizarre: "intermittent fuckweasel apocalypse".
- Wed, 09:20: RT @Nissemus: Multi-Depp http://t.co/Q0zmhYepcd
- Wed, 09:21: RT @TechnicallyRon: #GamerGate http://t.co/0ZgfxTLGWc
- Wed, 09:21: RT @jjarmoc: If you're disabling SSLv3 today, don't forget other SSL terminators; corporate gateway middleboxes, load balancers, etc.
- Wed, 09:45: #BPAL of the moment: Eve. Sweet and woody.
Poor Madam Standards is not having a great week. Her mom is in the hospital. I shared chocolate. (She has taken to coming to my cube with her hands cupped and looking pitiful when she needs chocolate. This is particularly hilarious because she has also attempted to fishmum at me after learning that I am about the age of one of her daughters. #fishmummingtheunfishmummable) And then I discovered that this particular bag of chocolate is a bit the worse for wear, heat-wise. I have thus attempted to make a virtue of the error, and am discovering the worse melted ones by touch, and setting them aside for hot chocolate. I have access to an espresso machine, two sugars, honey, a selection of milks, and whipped cream. This will be delightful. Trial (and error) numbers one and two happened today.
#1: in espresso. Tasty, needs better stirring before the addition of chilling ingredients.
#2: with steamed water straight from the machine. Filled too full, otherwise great. (Filled too full means it's too hot and spilly to move. Errors were compounded. My mouth is slightly uncomfortable, but not actually what I would call 'burned'.)
Still not particularly thrilled with the *) emoticon, which I have begun calling "the asshole smirk" in honor of Breakfast of Champions.
Also made a spreadsheet to possibly calculate the amount of time needed to bang through the transcription, with some variables. I am happy with this, even though it did take away from some possible transcription time. It did help me make the decision about when to bail tonight. I was considering staying longer, but it was too long to just whiz through and I felt I should decide otherwise.
Lunch involved an introduction to a new guy in Purple's department, and a lot of really delightful talk about the weather. It is a nearly universal subject; I am from Alaska, Purple is from Ohio, and the new guy is from the Ukraine.
It was an early night for Purple. He zoomed out after issuing e-hugs.
My manager showed up in my cube bearing hand-me-down chocolates -- they had started out from the Pumped Designer (do I have a proper nickname for him?) and my manager had made a valiant go of them but they were "too intense" for her, so I was the beneficiary. I tried one, and observed it to be on the line of intense/rich such that they are definitely not something where you can have a lot in one sitting. I shall share as I see fit.
I will try to get my laundry sorted and my step count up, and hope to get in bed earlier than previous.
POODLE problems: old browsers which rely on a hella old version of SSL won't be able to use that on Dreamwidth anymore, because of a vulnerability in that version.
Got some work on the costume last night. I have draped the black fabric over the hat, and attached the top half of the beak provisionally, although the edges still need detail work (I was too tired at the time to feel like risking it).
This weekend is the Moffet Field tour. Yay! Must work out logistics.
- Mon, 13:37: RT @CAwkward: Get rid of Columbus Day, make Election Day a national holiday, shazam!!! A better USA.
- Tue, 01:07: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/13/2014: 5,231 steps and 2.3 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Tue, 03:47: RT @thatjohn: Airlines breaking wheelchairs — a recurring theme in the comments I’ve received today. And we moaned about guitars. http://t.…
- Tue, 03:52: RT @thatjohn: ICYMI: Airlines are failing our fellow flyers with disabilities and reduced mobility. http://t.co/T8fGopenhx #paxex #avgeek
This is deliberate badfic. I do not expect any of you to read it. However, lb and StPatience (who are From The Internet and non-fannish) did in fact read it and then spend a chunk of time quoting their favorite bits back to me... and it is good that they enjoyed it, because they helped with the brainstorming process.
do they have within, The sons of the glorious gods?" - the fic (1693 words) by azurelunatic
Fandom: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - All Media Types, The Avengers (Marvel Movies), Thor (Movies), Breakfast Pastry (anthropomorphic)
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Thor/Breakfast Pastry, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Pizza, April O'Neil/Darcy Lewis
Characters: April O'Neil, Darcy Lewis, Thor (Marvel)
Additional Tags: no cylons, even though there are plenty of toasters, idk maybe one of the toasters is really a cylon, maybe one of the toaster pastries was a cylon, maybe you're a cylon, pop tarts, toaster pastries, I tried to get my friend to beta this, but all I got was a lecture about how I was using the wrong cooking product as lube, Not Beta Read, lube/not-lube, Not Lube, Recreational Drug Use, toasterfuck jizzworld
In the first Bad Bang, we saw Thor fucking a Pop Tart, while getting reamed by a Ninja Turtle. It was the most erotic thing I ever saw.
But I wanted to give it a sequel. So here is a Pop-Tart, fucking Thor to find out what is with in.
Contains boy kissing, pastires. Don't like don't read.
Bonus chatlog of the creative process below.
( From #adventuresofstnono )
Today (Friday) was actually kind of good!
( A lot of other days. )
So what with all that going on, I went home not that long after the team meeting, and promptly fell the fuck asleep for a good chunk of evening.
22:42 Monday, 13 October, 2014
Friday: productive with a solid chunk of transcription, and then there was the non-beer-bash gathering of all currently in-state members of #cupcake (R was out of state for a conference), at which all sorts of fun was had. ( jellybeans and vodka, among other funs. )
On Saturday, I headed up into the city for some fabric shopping and millinery. I only burned my finger once on the hot glue!
Sunday was sleep, laundry, and lack of sleep.
Today, I dragged in to work late for lunch, and joined Purple's table as they were winding up. Purple went on in rhapsodic detail about the various synthesizer-related programming he's been working on. I sat and absorbed the delight. He headed back, and I was about to head back as well when phone came through with his lunch, so we chatted a bit.
Aside from the brief 1:1 with my manager, and the exploration of the swag brought back by my Overlady, the day was largely transcription. Purple thought he was going to bail an hour before he actually did, but the new guy needed some orientation, apparently.
If scary bunny masks become the new V-for-Vendetta mask in certain parts of the Valley of the Cloud, don't look at me.
( Culinary reference to arachnids. )
- Sat, 12:42: My wingspan should be 108 inches.
- Sat, 16:44: #loonmillinery http://t.co/AOCRneTgC1
- Sat, 18:07: Dude. Smoking indoors in a BART station? #sfbart #16mission
- Sat, 19:32: soyrwoo: dajo42: reverse werewolves. wolves that turn into confused but excited humans every month at the... http://t.co/Bv7wMUEzFM
- Sat, 20:53: Curled up in bed due to excessive looning about today. Also due to yelling pain from my right glute. Ow.
- Sun, 00:03: RT @tjcrowley: Blink and you'll miss it. http://t.co/hblshbA289
- Sun, 00:10: RT @LeVostreGC: Lyfe ys a mysterye. Everichoon moste stande al oon. Ich heare thee clepe my name. And yt maketh me to thynke of hoom. #like…
- Sun, 00:12: RT @rosefox: A thought I had earlier today: does the wage gap factor in the cost of women having to change phone numbers/move house when th…
- Sun, 00:12: RT @winglmui: The language shouldn't be "don't feed the trolls", it should be "don't negotiate with the terrorists"
- Sun, 00:15: RT @trixieleitz: Caterers: please don't make grapefruit juice the only drink available at your events. You don't know what meds your guests…
- Fri, 17:11: Somehow a discussion of the instructions on the bottle of rum results in debate of how to get the booze out without opening it.
- Fri, 17:27: "Hard Mike's lemonade" #outofcontexttheatre
- Fri, 17:51: "I can smell it! No, wait, that's your banana." "I'm glad there's context for that." #outofcontexttheatre #cupcake
- Fri, 18:02: #cupcake jellybean vodka pictures: "the ghost of chocolate milk past" -Purple http://t.co/bvyyQ0Je96
- Fri, 18:05: more #cupcake jellybean vodka pictures http://t.co/tTUQ4VuEuZ
- Sat, 01:03: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/10/2014: 4,628 steps and 2 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Sat, 01:09: Such a lovely evening with the #cupcake crew. Even when Not Mr. Rainbow's boss called, sent a minion, & came in person.
- Sat, 01:10: Plus phone came over even though he didn't have to.
- Sat, 04:30: Photo: kingofthevulcans: mamasam: bestrooftalkever: Two bald eagles in air battle crash-land at airport... http://t.co/SvnN4XUuUh
- Sat, 04:47: RT @dduane: "Games #Wizards Play" has a publication date! http://t.co/UJyoDJDw9H #youngwizards #YA #scifi #fantasy http://t.co/HStQlQ0XBd
- Fri, 01:03: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/09/2014: 4,851 steps and 2.1 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Fri, 01:20: RT @LeVostreGC: Wynter ys coming. Get a flu shotte.
- Fri, 01:35: RT @TriciaLockwood: If evolution is true then why do british people still exist when there are americans
- Fri, 04:30: The False Analogy of Race and Transition - tobitastic: I’m sure we’ve all heard it before. The assertion... http://t.co/CLsa6FEogj
- Wed, 12:55: "Loon beak size measuring is not a conversation whose gestures I need seen from a distance. "
- Wed, 13:37: RT @thatjohn: Do you know about Kathy Sierra? You should. Read this now. Especially if you think positively of weev. http://t.co/4LblDA2cCM
- Wed, 16:04: "Is that a loon in your lululemons, or are you just happy to see me?" #outofcontexttheatre #loonmeasuring #loonpills #DNW @oakandsage
- Thu, 01:03: My fitbit #Fitstats for 10/08/2014: 5,925 steps and 2.6 miles traveled. http://t.co/gFMrr7HEB6
- Thu, 04:30: Photo: honeyllove: frenchbarbiie: spankmethorin: radgreymon: rudegirlqueer: sarcasticxfantastic:... http://t.co/7Q1ZOK6M6Q
- Thu, 05:44: Best unintentionally filthy gestures: someone with large hands miming washing a too-small coffee mug. #fisting
- Thu, 09:25: RT @seananmcguire: I AM A PINATA FULL OF BEES! #TerribleBattleCries
- Thu, 09:25: RT @Inoru88: Re the RT: Sounds like @azurelunatic's battle cry. >____>
- Thu, 09:26: RT @LeVostreGC: Þanke Þor yt ys Þoresdaye! Celebrate todaye as yf ye were Þ to be wylde.
Lunch with Purple, filing tickets for software, loon-measuring and the assorted lunacies and wordplay*, data entry in the name of 2nd Thursday, and then a brief breather in the form of the Search for Cardboard Sheldon. I was tiptoeing over to one of the other buildings to post the poster in the mail room when I ran into the Dean. I showed the poster to him. He was absolutely delighted, and took a selfie with us and the poster and sent it to [off-topic]. And then back to work!
Eventually Purple and I were both hungry, so he wrapped up what he was working on, and I busted out dinner. Shawn, calculator shenanigans, high school sex-ed. And by that time it was late enough that I made the executive decision to come home. Now I shall wind down briefly and crash.
* sithjawa is reading up in preparation for NaNo. One of the readings included a top 10 list of birds likely to kill you. ( Loon unit. )