It is thirty-six degrees right now; as an Austinite, I don't understand temperatures like this. Not in December. Not in Fall
. It is upsetting
and causes millions--hundreds of thousands, fine--stress.
Also, the fingerless gloves I ordered did not arrive today and UPS declaims even knowing anything about them but that a shipping label exists. This is not fun.
OTOH, I have effectively finished all Christmas shopping, more or less. I think. I keep finding cool things i want to buy for people and the internet? NOT HELPING.
Also, I made cookies!Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes at most
Cook Time: 1 hour
Sitting Time: 2 hours
Amount: 36 - 48 cookies
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional, lower chip amounts to 1/3 if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed of electric mixer until they hold stiff peaks.
3. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
4. Add vanilla extract.
5. Reduce speed to low and beat in cocoa powder.
6. Gently fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
7. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto foil or parchment lined baking sheets, or silpat baking pads.
8. Bake for 1 hour.
9. Turn off oven leave cookies in oven for 2 hours longer. (Jenn Note: Not sure about this one. They come out hard to me. Test one after the cooking time is complete.)
10. Remove from pan; store in airtight container.
These make very small cookies, but they're deliciously delicious and very slightly chewy.
Next up: sand tarts.
Seriously, thirty-six degrees. What the hell, weather. My appendages are so very confused.